Monday, April 27, 2009

The Monday Blues

This past weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. I saw The Malah play a free show in Paris Mountain State Park. They were the first band to play Music In The Woods this year. It was a really enjoyable set, except for those kids on the drums. Music In The Woods is a free concert series, all the electricity comes from solar power. If you decide to go remember there is NO ALCOHOL permitted. This wasn't a problem for me and my friend but it was for others. Then I went to a party after the show which was excellent. The drummer from The Malah made a cameo and we raged it till about 5 in the morning. The next day I went hiking at Paris Mountain down the Turtle Trail. This was sort of disappointing as it led only to the road. I have no idea why they would do that. Also I saw no turtles on this trail only frogs. Well now I have to go to work and only hope next weekend will be as fun.

If you want to check out The Malah go to http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=(collection%3ATheMalah%20OR%20mediatype%3ATheMalah)%20AND%20-mediatype%3Acollection&sort=-date

5 comments:

  1. Went to Fri and Sat. THought FRi had a lot more punch even though Sat had the better list. Any time you can throw the JGB Roch 1991 it would be most appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny that you remind me. I thought I was uploading it the other day. Apparently without thinking I closed my browser. It will be up within the week I promise. For the wait I will be try to upload some other neat odds and ends in my collection this weel. I do apologize for not getting it up sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you in Greenville area Lucab? "Went to Fri and Sat." Are you talkin about The Malah or JGB?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I am in NY. I was talking about the Nassau and MSG shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh this makes so much more sense.

    ReplyDelete