Friday, April 10, 2009

Stupidity and the Tax Office

I am pissed off at the city of Greenville or is the state of South Carolina. So I went to pay taxes on my car today. I have temporary tags which expire on 4/10/2009. That is today. Apparently the place I have to go to pay the taxes is closed for Good Friday. The DMV across the street however was not closed. WTF?!?! The extremely kind lady at the DMV was telling me that the DMV had no idea that the tax office was going to be closed either. There were signs in the doors or anything saying that they were closed for Good Friday either. So now I am forced to drive with an expired temp tag for the weekend. I am also aware that I should not have waited till the last minute but my funds have been lower than normal. Which that is another story, in short I am entertaining the idea of looking for a new job or a second job.

On another note expect to see more concerts posted soon. I just received a crap load of Garcia stuff and I want to share the wealth. As a reminder, The Dead start spring tour tomorrow. So hopefully some more stats and more The Dead shows will be up on the 12th!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, that is utter stupidity that you have to pay property taxes on your car. The thing is that the license is already a form of tax on driving. People who rent also pay property tax-you can bet that it is figured into the amount of rent! Cool that you just got a bunch of Garcia ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Sugarmag. I agree with the stupidity on property tax on cars.

    ReplyDelete